Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mr. Food...I have not tried it yet, but I would be tempted to double the sauce ingredients so I would have some excess to drizzle over sticky rice.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 basa fillets (or any mild white-fleshed fish)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Heat the peanut oil over medium heat.
- Cook the fish in the oil for 3 minutes per side.
- Mix together the soy sauce, wasabi, and sake while the fish is cooking.
- Add the garlic and gingerroot to the skillet, and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour the sake mixture over the fish, turning to coat.
- Cook for 30 seconds, until sake mixture is reduced and the fish flakes easily with a fork.