Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the label on a can of beef stew. It makes a quick dinner on busy days.
Make and share this Sailors Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 3 french bread rolls
- 1 (24 ounce) can beef stew
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the beef stew on the stove or in the microwave.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise and hollow out. Reserve the bread crumbs for another use. Place rolls on baking sheet and broil until light brown.
- Remove rolls from broiler and, using a slotted spoon, fill with the warm beef stew. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place back under the broiler until the cheese melts.