Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful tropical punch, great for any summertime get-together. Make it a cocktail by adding a shot of vodka or coconut rum to your serving! (cooking time does not include freezing or refrigeration time)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (not drained)
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (not drained)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (28 ounce) bottles Sprite, chilled (diet is okay)
- Cut the bananas into chunks. Put the cherries (with juice) and bananas in a blender, cover, and process until well blended.
- Combine banana mixture, grapefruit juice, orange juice, and pineapples with their juice and mix well. Pour into a 13x9 baking pan. Freeze.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator 1 hour befor serving.
- To serve, put about 1/2 cup of slush into a serving glass (with or without ice). Fill glass with Sprite and mix until blended.
10 stars!! I posted a similar recipe in 2002 that has been our go-to for about 16 years, but the differences are the key to why this recipe will now be our favorite. I so love the addition of maraschino cherries. I love that there is NO added sugar; just what comes naturally from the fruits. I love the color too. It's such a beautiful red/orange. DH didn't even mind that there were still tiny chunks of pineapple in it. He was home a little late last night for anything but dinner, so tonight we plan to try more of this with a shot of coconut rum for me & passion fruit rum for DH. :) Thanks for sharing, loof! Made & enjoyed for photo tag.
Yum Yum Yum. This is so good. A few of my friends opted to give it a go with the shot of rum added to the mix, and they loved it. Such a great drink to have on hand in your freezer to pull out whenever. Loved the chunks of pineapple in the mix too.
What a wonderful drink, so refreshing. Made four your 2010 Football Pool Playoffs. Can't wait to fix a huge batch of this in the summer months