Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I tweaked this recipe for my spicy side. Came out of a magazine.
Make and share this Sage Rubbed Roasted Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole turkey, 12-14 lbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Brush with oil.
- Mix seasonings.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of seasoning inside turkey. Spread remaining seasoning over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Roast in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove foil.
- Roast 2-2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Baste occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from over and let stand 20 minutes before slicing. Reserve pan juices for gravy.
- works well for chickens too.