Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here is a wonderful recipe! It's great for cold weather! Don't let the length of this recipe scare you; it's really a simple recipe. It helps if you measure everything you'll need ahead of time. Times are approximate.
For the pork rub
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the pork
- 2 (12 -14 ounce) pork tenderloin
For the cabbage
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, plus slightly more
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place kosher salt, pepper,garlic,sage and olive oil in a food processor; puree until sage and garlic are blended. Season pork generously with the rub. Grill over direct heat until 160°F internal temperature, as measured with an instant-read thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot boil one gallon of water and one teaspoons salt. Add cabbage and blanch approximately 3 minutes or until tender, drain immediately and rinse in colander under very cold water.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer cream and garlic until reduced by half.
- Place pancetta in a large skillet and brown until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. In same skillet, stir together cream, pancetta, cabbage, cheese and spinach over medium heat until warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with sliced pork.