1 hr 15 mins
I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
Another one from "Pasta" that I want to try but haven't gotten around to it. Posted for ZWT III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb pumpkin or 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 10 ounces dried fusilli, cooked according to package directions
- 1Put the olive oil in a roasting pan and put the pan in a 400 degree oven for five minutes to heat the oil.
- 2Add the cumin seeds to the roasting pan, and then add the pumpkin or squash and roast in the oven for about a half hour to roast.
- 3In a food processor, add the butter, mozzarella, garlic, sage, and lemon juice and zest, blend into a paste.
- 4Put the butter mix onto a sheet of wax paper and chill for 20 minutes, or until it is firm enough to slice.
- 5Add the roasted squash or pumpkin to the cooked pasta in a large pan (both should still be hot) and then slice or dice up the butter and add it to the pasta and squash or pumpkin.
- 6Toss to melt and combine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage, Lemon, and Mozzarella Butter With Roasted Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.8
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 310.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g