Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this recipe in the Finnish Elle magazine at the hair dresser's in November - couldn't get a copy, googled, hopeful, and found this at Anne's Food blog. I *think* it is the same one I was drooling over while getting my hair done! Not sure who to credit now, but it's an interesting recipe nonetheless!
- Finely chop the chocolate: place in a bowl.
- Mix cream, honey and saffron in a saucepan and bring gently to a boil.
- Add the hot mixture to the chocolate and stir well until melted.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to cool and to firm up.
- Shape into small balls. Roll them in powdered sugar.
These truffles taste very yummy. The saffron doesnt come through as much as I had thought it would, but it surely adds some interest. I liked how easy these were to prepare compared to other truffles recipes. They didnt set up that well, though and therefore were hard to get into shape. I rolled half of my truffles in powdered sugar and the other half in shredded coconut and I think I like the coconut ones better. I could also imagine rolling them in plain unsweetened cocoa as that would add some bitterness and take away some of that sweetness. All in all a very nice recipe that is sure to impress guests. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, stormylee!