Recipe by stormylee
Saw this recipe in the Finnish Elle magazine at the hair dresser's in November - couldn't get a copy, googled, hopeful, and found this at Anne's Food blog. I *think* it is the same one I was drooling over while getting my hair done! Not sure who to credit now, but it's an interesting recipe nonetheless!
Top Review by Lalaloula
These truffles taste very yummy. The saffron doesnt come through as much as I had thought it would, but it surely adds some interest. I liked how easy these were to prepare compared to other truffles recipes. They didnt set up that well, though and therefore were hard to get into shape. I rolled half of my truffles in powdered sugar and the other half in shredded coconut and I think I like the coconut ones better. I could also imagine rolling them in plain unsweetened cocoa as that would add some bitterness and take away some of that sweetness. All in all a very nice recipe that is sure to impress guests. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, stormylee!
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the chocolate: place in a bowl.
- Mix cream, honey and saffron in a saucepan and bring gently to a boil.
- Add the hot mixture to the chocolate and stir well until melted.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to cool and to firm up.
- Shape into small balls. Roll them in powdered sugar.