Recipe by Klove;)
This delicious and unique recipe was given to me by a friend.It came from his father's friend who was A judge from Pakistan.It is sinfully rich and one cup will do for this taste sensation. Won't find this in cookbooks. It is sacred because it is only supposed to be given to people deemed worthy.(This is what I was told) I guess I deem you guys worthy?)
Top Review by UmmBinat
Delish! I cut this down and guessed amounts and it came out quite spicy but sweet though not too sweet! Sadly I used regular brown sugar and Lipton Yellow Label tea bags. I added the spices that make up masala chai. The sweetened condensed milk is what makes this creamy and different from the rest. I have tried many and I mean many chai recipes.
- 3 -4 tablespoons assam black tea (specialty store)
- 1 tablespoon chai masala (again Specialty Store)
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 24 -32 fluid ounces Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups demerara sugar (SUGAR IN THE RAW)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill large pan 80% with water and bring to rapid boil.
- add tea . boil two minutes.
- add rounded tbs. chai masala, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom. boil 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- add sugar. bring to soft boil, adjust heat to medium ( do not allow to boil over!).
- add milk. allow to heat just under boiling. remove from heat. cool two minutes.
- pour into cups using tea strainer. serve very hot.