Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Ideally, one should use about a dozen eggs from the Sackville Canary to make one serving, but if you can't find a Sackville Canary (they are very rare, to be found only in Zaarland), two large chicken eggs should do. This recipe came about with thanks to Sackville Girl and Canarygirl, who sent me some gorgeous smoked paprika.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 dash cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 vegetarian sausage, smoked" or" spiced
- olive oil, for spritzing
- Cut the veggie sausage into thin slices.
- Spritz a frying pan and start sauteing the sausage slices.
- Scramble the eggs with the cream, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sausage slices in the pan so they are in one layer.
- Pour the egg over the sausage slices.
- Let cook until set.
- Flip over and let cook for another 20 seconds.
Very, Very good, I made enough for 2 omelettes. Used fat free half & half for the cream. Added a small zucchini, and a little onion when sauteing the sausage. This worked out very good. We liked the taste of rhe paprika in the omelette. Thank you Mirj for posting the recipe.