Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use all the "misfits" from your garden up in this hodge-podge barrel of pickles.1
- 1 gallon cider vinegar
- 3 lbs brown sugar
- 1⁄4 lb keen's mustard
- 1⁄4 lb mustard seeds
- 1 ounce curry powder
- 11 cups pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed saccharin
- Mix all ingredients in a large crock (4 gallon).
- Drop in fresh vegetables when ready from the garden.
- Use onions, cauliflower, small cut up cucumbers.
- Use loose cover; let stand 1 month.
- Stir occasionally.