Recipe by Cookin'withGas
I prefer to have my lasagna with meat, but I must say that for a meatless lasagna, this one's the tops! Add a nice tossed salad to round out the meal...
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked (try whole wheat if available)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (no salt added preferred)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup fresh carrot, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft Reduced Fat preferred)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles per pkg; preheat oven to 350°F.; grease a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, garlic and oregano.
- In a separate bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- Drain the noodles.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of the baking dish; place 3 lasagna noodles on top.
- Spread 1/2 of the broccoli mixture over the noodles; spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture over the broccoli mixture; place 3 lasagna noodles on top.
- Spread the remaining broccoli mixture on the noodles; top with 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture.
- Top with the remaining noodles; then the remaining tomato sauce; then all the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack; let cool/settle for 15 min before you cut and serve.