1 hr 15 mins
I prefer to have my lasagna with meat, but I must say that for a meatless lasagna, this one's the tops! Add a nice tossed salad to round out the meal...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked (try whole wheat if available)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (no salt added preferred)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup fresh carrot, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft Reduced Fat preferred)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook lasagna noodles per pkg; preheat oven to 350°F.; grease a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, garlic and oregano.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- 4Drain the noodles.
- 5Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of the baking dish; place 3 lasagna noodles on top.
- 6Spread 1/2 of the broccoli mixture over the noodles; spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture over the broccoli mixture; place 3 lasagna noodles on top.
- 7Spread the remaining broccoli mixture on the noodles; top with 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture.
- 8Top with the remaining noodles; then the remaining tomato sauce; then all the mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until bubbling.
- 10Remove from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack; let cool/settle for 15 min before you cut and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 618.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g