Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I lived in Tampa, this was always the way I ate trout in the various Spanish restaurants. I have no idea why Spanish restaurants would serve Russian Style Trout, but they did. It was usually listed as Russian Trout, or Trout Ruski. It's really good!!!!
- 6 -9 trout fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted breadcrumbs, pulverized
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter, soft
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, sliced thin (optional)
- Rub the salt and pepper into the trout.
- Combine the RAW eggs and milk.
- Dip fillets into egg/milk mixture, then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to medium heat, using just enough oil to keep the fillets from sticking to the pan.
- Combine the butter, hard cooked eggs, parsley and pimiento, mixing into a soft paste. Keep warm.
- Cook the trout on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until a nice golden brown color. Put the trout onto the plates, spread the warm butter/egg paste over the fillets.
- If desired, place lemon slices on top.