Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Pastors wife fixed this for a Mission Banquet, I couldn't stop eating it, it was a good thing everyone at the table ate it too, 'cause it is strong. It sounds like a strange mix of ingredients, but trust me it works. It will keep vampires and anything else away. The Yield is approximate
- 2 cups shredded peeled carrots
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 -10 garlic cloves (put them through a garlic press)
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- I put my carrots through the food processor, but you can use a hand grater also.
- stir the carrots and cheese together.
- add the pressed garlic.
- add Mayo until it is spreading consistancy, it's not a dip so you don't want it to get too soupy. I put it in strong ziplock bags, or tupperware over night then serve it on crackers, Clubs are good or a Whole Grain type, or Rye -- Personally, I used the 10 cloves of garlic. I like it strong. but you can work your way up. I have no idea how long it will keep, we tend to inhale it in a few days.
This very good and I don't even care for mayonnaise! Next time I might try cheddar cheese (with a small batch with Miracle Whip and roasted garlic for me). If you buy shredded carrots & cheese it goes together in no time at all. This makes a huge amount. Unless you are serving a large group, I recommend preparing a half batch. Thanks for sharing.