Recipe by LexingtonMom
So easy and really delicious--a family staple! The sweetness of Russian dressing and apricot jam are offset by the salty onion soup mix. Chicken is tender and juicy every time.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
A little too much onion flavor. Next time I will use half the amount. This makes a TON of sauce that is pretty much wasted so I recommend making only half the amount if you want it less saucy.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts or 2 -3 lbs chicken thighs or 2 -3 lbs cut-up whole chickens
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 ounces Russian salad dressing
- 4 1⁄2 ounces apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Lay chicken pieces in dish and sprinkle well with salt and garlic powder.
- In bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.