Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Russell (AKA Super Russ) is a well known kitchen super hero in Australia and provided the following recipe to save an AFL (Australian Football League) Grand Final BBQ.
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Combine garlic, ginger, sake, soy and chili in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes and work through into marinade, then leave for 20 minutes.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and cook on BBQ hot plate.
What a great quick fix dinner, that is just delicious!
This worked out brilliantly after a day at work, and allowed me to relax in the last rays of the sun clutching a glass of wine instead of slaving over a hot stove....cheers Peter!
Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap#71
Thanks for sharing this recipe Peter. My dh was in flavor heaven, he couldn't stop raving about the chicken. He loved it. It was quick and easy to make. Dinner was on the table in 20 minutes. The chicken was delicious, tender and full of flavor. Didn't change a thing. I did use a very dark soya sauce and marinaded the chicken for about 45 minutes. Served it over plain jasmin rice with Berber carrots on the side. We'll be enjoying this dish often. Made for March Swap.
What a fantastic recipe! The marinade was the perfect combination of flavors. The only adjustment I made was using 1/2 tsp. chili flakes instead of 1 tsp. That was just the right amount of heat for DH and me. We grilled over hickory wood flame, which we felt accented the chicken as well. Thank you for an easy, delicious summertime recipe! (Made and reviewed for NZ/AUS Recipe Swap #28, May'09)