Recipe by Cookin'withGas
My first makings of this were between Thanksgiving and New Years, so I tend to associate it with that holiday season...However, there's absolutely nothing wrong with making them for any party, any time of the year
- 1 cup butter (do NOT substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, UNcooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat together the Crisco, confectioner's sugar, milk and rum extract until creamy.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, oats and pecans.
- Add this dry mixture to the other creamed mixture and mix it well.
- Shape dough into balls by the teaspoonful and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated 325°F oven for 15-18 minute.
- While still warm from the oven, roll them in confectioner's sugar; then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- When completely cool, roll in the confectioner's sugar again.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Variation: Turn this into a new recipe by swapping out the pecans for walnuts to create Rum Walnut Balls instead.