Recipe by Pinay0618
From Pilgrim's Pride chicken. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Paris D
This was really good! We will make it again. We had this with Cilantro and Lime Rice #328556 and they went very well together. Note: Chicken thighs are not on the ingredient list. We forgot to buy them the first time we made this! LOL
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic, about 1 clove
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil spread
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to garnish (optional)
- fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken thighs in non-metallic dish or resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- To make marinade, place juices, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sugar, zest, garlic and cayenne in sauce pan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Heat and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in rum and oil. Set aside to cool. When cool, stir in cilantro and pour mixture over thighs. Cover or seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight. Turn chicken occasionally while marinating.
- Preheat grill and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place marinade in sauce pan. Heat marinade to boiling, reduce heat and add butter. Simmer 5 minutes. Divide sauce, reserving half for basting chicken when grilling and half for serving.
- Place chicken on prepared grill 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Grill over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning and basting often. Continue grilling an additional 8 to 10 minutes without basting, until glazed and chicken reaches 170° F on meat thermometer. Juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with fork. Discard any remaining basting sauce.
- To serve, place chicken on platter, garnish with lime wedges and cilantro, if desired, and serve with reserved sauce.