3 hrs 20 mins
From Pilgrim's Pride chicken. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, about 1 clove
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil spread
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to garnish (optional)
- fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- 1Place chicken thighs in non-metallic dish or resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- 2To make marinade, place juices, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sugar, zest, garlic and cayenne in sauce pan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Heat and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in rum and oil. Set aside to cool. When cool, stir in cilantro and pour mixture over thighs. Cover or seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight. Turn chicken occasionally while marinating.
- 3Preheat grill and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and place marinade in sauce pan. Heat marinade to boiling, reduce heat and add butter. Simmer 5 minutes. Divide sauce, reserving half for basting chicken when grilling and half for serving.
- 5Place chicken on prepared grill 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Grill over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning and basting often. Continue grilling an additional 8 to 10 minutes without basting, until glazed and chicken reaches 170° F on meat thermometer. Juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with fork. Discard any remaining basting sauce.
- 6To serve, place chicken on platter, garnish with lime wedges and cilantro, if desired, and serve with reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rum Island Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 328.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: