- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 large firm ripe bananas
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Just before serving, peel the bananas; cut in half lengthwise, and cut each piece in half crosswise to make 4 pieces per banana.
- Add to the hot sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook on LOW until heated through and coated with the sauce (15-20 minutes).
- Serve immediately over scoops of vanilla ice cream.