Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Apetit. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters (optional)
- 1 large orange
- 1 large golden delicious apple, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1 pear, unpeeled, cored, diced (Fuji can be substituted)
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes (red and green)
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled, halved
- 1 cup raspberries (and or or blueberries)
- Whisk honey and rum in large bowl to blend. Cut away peel and pith from orange. Working over same bowl, cut between membranes to release orange segments and juice into bowl. Mix in remaining fruit. Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
My guests (all 7 of them) rated this a definite 5 stars! It was delicious and absolutely hit the spot on a hot summer afternoon. I did, however, alter it and used tropical fresh fruit (pineapple, mango, kiwi, casaba melon, cantaloupe, red seedless grapes, blueberries and bananas). Served from a crystal bowl, it was equally delicious to the eye. In the autumn, I will definitely make it again using winter fruits more as you have described here. Since I had quite a lot of fruit, I more than doubled the honey and rum. Thank you for posting!