Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious and refreshingly different fruit salad! Your choice of fresh grapefruit, oranges, pears, mango, apples, and grapes (choose four) tossed with fresh green chilies & toasted peanuts and dressed in a wonderful tangy citrus brown sugar sauce. One of my all-time favorites. Great for brunches or served with a mild chicken dish. From Sundays at Moosewood.
- 2 green chilies, cut into thin circles (use the tiny green chilie peppers- seeded for milder taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon (or lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup toasted peanuts
Choose 4 of the following
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 small oranges, sectioned
- 2 underripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 large underripe mango, thinly sliced
- 2 tart apples, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces red grapes, halved
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, and serve immediately.