Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is another Jello salad but one that I must make for Thanksgiving and Christmas or anytime that we have roast turkey. I going to provide the recipe as I found it. But as we are diabetic, I make the cranberry sauce from scratch so that I can control the sugar and I use sugar free jello as well. I only posting so that I do not lose the recipe, I got the recipe from the internet some years ago so I can not tell you what site the recipe came from for sure. I also did not copy the serving sizes and how much the recipe makes so I have guessed from my own experience. If I am off greatly, I am sorry.
- 3 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 ounces cherry Jell-O
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple (drained)
- 16 ounces canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1) Dissolve raspberry jello in one cup of boiling water. Add the frozen raspberries, stir until well mixed. Pour into a large glass bowl. Refrigerate until almost firm about 30 minutes but maybe as long as 60 minutes. ( I have never had to wait 60 minutes but this is what the recipe states.).
- 2) Spread sour cream over firm Jello.
- 3) In another bowl, dissolve cherry Jello in one cup boiling water. Stir in crushed pineapple ( drained) and cranberry sauce. Chill 20 to 40 minutes until only partially set, Spoon cherry mixture over the sour cream layer in the first bowl and chill for another hour or two.