Recipe by Shelly (Goodman) Wright
My in-laws had bought a rotisserie cooker, but hardly ever used it, so I asked if I could borrow it. Of course now I've had it almost 2 years!! I use it at least 3 times a month. It's great!! Easy to use and to clean!! It's probably healthier typically (except I use butter as a baster).
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
This makes a beautiful and flavorful chicken. I did not have lemons but wanted to use this recipe so I used orange slices (and sprinkled chicken with lemon juice) - it was so good and definitely worth trying! I do plan to make this again with lemons! Thanks Shelly!
- 2 -4 lbs whole chickens
- 3 tablespoons butter (cut into slices)
- 2 tablespoons rotisserie seasoning (buy in the spice isle)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse, clean (take out giblets) and pat dry, your chicken.
- Loosen the skin off the breast and tuck the butter pats in between the skin and the breast (leave a little to rub on the outside of the chicken).
- Do the same with the lemon slices.
- Bind up the chicken with rotisserie strechy strings (binding the legs together and the wings so they don't flop around while rotating).
- Place on rotisserie machine metal skewers, then sprinkle with seaoning and salt.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours Do not over cook or it will be dry.
- NOTE: If you have a problem with the lemon or butter staying on the bird, try using tooth picks (soak them first) to hold it in for the first 45 min; I wouldn't leave it in the whole cooking time.