Rotini With Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Pesto
- BLACKEN the skins of the red peppers using the flame of a grill or a stove top (about 4 minutes).
- Place in a sealed plastic bag and allow peppers to rest for 10 minutes. Remove blackened skins, seeds and stem.
- COOK pasta according to directions.
- ADD the basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, and red peppers to a food processor.
- Blend together while drizzling in the oil. When half of the oil has been added, add 3 tablespoons each Parmigiano and Romano cheeses.
- Continue to blend until the rest of the oil is incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
- TRANSFER the pesto to a large mixing bowl and add remaining Parmigiano cheese.
- DRAIN the pasta and toss with the pesto.