These were one of my favorite cookies as a child! :)
Make and share this Rose's Hermits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together shortening, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Stir in coffee.
- Sift together and stir in flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mix raisins and walnuts into the dough.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees 8-10 minutes, until set, or until when touched lightly almost no imprint remains.
- Do not overbake.