Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These delightful savoury muffins feature fresh rosemary, tangy goat cheese and crunchy pistachios to make a very yummy treat! They go great with hearty soups or as part of a party buffet.
- 25 g butter (I used a garlic infused one)
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 125 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85 g yogurt (low-fat is fine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, heaping (cream cheese)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped (preferrably roasted)
- In a big bowl cream butter and eggs until very creamy.
- In another bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture alternating with yogurt. Add oil. Mix in well.
- Stir in chopped rosemary and goats cheese. Season with pepper.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins (I used silicone ones). Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy! :).
Delicious! Always on the lookout for recipes using goat cheese, since we buy it in a BIG package at Costco! I use unsalted butter to cook with, and should have added a little salt to the recipe to make up for the lack of it in the butter. I couldn't find a small pack of pistachios (and didn't want a bunch of them left) so I subbed toasted pine nuts and that worked great. Thanks for this keeper.
Ohh yum! These are awesome muffins. I followed the recipe except added about 1 T dried tomato, minced in the batter. There was enough batter for exactly 6 muffins - standard muffin size and I did have to bake for 30 minutes instead of 25. I would certainly be making these again. They are perfect accompaniment to salads, light brunch, and even appetizers with a slice of cheese and wine. Thanks for sharing this recipe Lalaloula. Made for Australian Feb tag.