Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve this with beef, poultry or pork. Confit may be made up to 5 days ahead.
- 1 cup dried calimyrna fig, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- In a 1-1/2-quart heavy saucepan stir together ingredients and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is evaporated and mixture is thickened.
- In a food processor, coarsely puree fig mixture.
- Chill, covered and bring to room temperature before serving.