Root Vegetable and Horseradish Gratin
- Preheat oven to 200*C, 400*F.
- Peel the swede, parsnips and carrots, and then thinky slice them.
- (you will need to quarter the swede before slicing it) Cook the carrots in a large pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes, add the swede and parsnips, return to the boil, cover and cook for a further 8 to 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Tip the vegetables into a buttered oven proof casserole.
- Mix the creme fraiche, horshradish, salt and pepper and spread over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.