Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cupcakes made with root beer and root beer candies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed root beer hard candies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup root beer
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped root beer hard candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 18 muffin tin cups with paper liners.
- In large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar, then beat in eggs. Add remaining cupcake ingredients and blend on low speed to incorporate ingredients, then increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 25 minutes or until done(when cake tester[toothpick] comes out clean). Let cool completely. Remove from muffin tin.
- Combine topping ingredients and frost cooled cupcakes. Store in refrigerator.
Maybe it is me, however, I found these to be more buttery than rootbeer. You can actually buy rootbeer extract from watkins I believe if you want to make rootbeer cupcakes.