A Macaroni Grill copy cat recipe...not low in fat if that's what you are looking for, but really tasty
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 lb butter
- 6 (3 -4 ounce) chicken breasts, pounded thin
- oil, for sauteing chicken
- butter, for sauteing chicken
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 ounces pancetta, cooked
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lb capellini, cooked
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- To make the sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
- Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3-4 minutes).
- Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and add to pan remaining ingredients.
- Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked; add chicken back to pan.
- Place cooked pasta on each plate.
- Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss.
- Taste and adjust, adding more sauce if needed.
- Place chicken mixture over pasta.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Alternately, mix pasta and chicken mixture together.
- Toss with butter sauce.
I made this recipe before I joined 'Zaar. It was decadent. I added a clove of garlic to the sauce, and used a chicken recipe my mom had on hand. I left out the pancetta, and my mom doesn't like artichoke hearts or capers, so it had some empty spots in it. My dad said it tasted like the Brio's scallopini. (The Brio is this very nice Tuscan franchise). I will make it again, but only for special occasions (that's a lot of butter!)
I LOVE Macaroni Grill and the Scaloppine di Pollo is all I ever order. I found this recipe and decided to try it...absolutely GREAT! I cut the sauce recipe in half but everything else I followed exactly. I used Boar's Head pancetta, and Vigo's Marinated Artichoke Hearts--the best in my opinion. I also used chicken breast cutlets instead of boneless chicken breasts. I like the cutlets because they cook quickly. GREAT recipe...we felt like we had eaten at Macaroni Grill. I will definitely make again.