From $40 a day in Rome comes my favorite kind of pasta next to a basic Pasta Pomodoro. Pancetta, eggs, cheese, cream...is there anything better? Amazing comfort food...this is a definite A+ in my book! Please, please do this dish justice and use GOOD grated cheese. It makes all the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 2Beat the eggs.
- 3Add the black pepper and cheese to the beaten eggs.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Add cream to this mixture, if desired, for a creamier dish.
- 6Put the oil in a saucepan with the pancetta, and saute for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the spaghetti into the pan and saute for another 3 minutes.
- 8Turn off the flame (this is important) and add the egg and cheese mixture to the pasta and mix.
- 9Serve with additional Pecorino Romano on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roman Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.2 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese