The only reason I added the word "Cookie" to the title of this recipe was because I took them to a cookie exchange. I guess, legitimately, they're a snack. Picky! Picky! Just consider them "GOOD"! Most of the "prep" time is unwrapping the Rolos.
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 48 Rolo chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place unbroken mini knotted pretzels in one layer onto a cookie sheet.
- Unwrap the "Rolos" and place one on top of each pretzel.
- Slide the cookie sheet into the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes (until Rolos get shiny, but still hold their shape.
- Take cookie sheet out of oven.
- Place another unbroken pretzel on top of each Rolo and press down.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for @ 10 minutes for chocolate to re-set.
- Scrape pretzels off of cookie sheet with spatula.
- NOTE: Do not try to slide Rolo Pretzels off of cookie sheet if chocolate isn't set - the chocolate will smear all over the place. If you don't want to do the "freeze" method, wait about 1/2 an hour and then "pick up" each Rolo Pretzel and set it somewhere to cool completely (It's going to take a while).
- I usually get 48 "cookies" on one cookie sheet.
This is a great recipe! I have never liked pretzels, but the sweet and salty mix is delicious. The whole family loved! Thanks for a quick and delicious snack!
I can't believe I forgot to review this; I have made this several times now. I use the checkerboard pretzels and these are so cute and taste so good. Love how easy they are as well. I use the freezer method for hardening and have not had any problems at all. When I made these to take to a potluck, I put 2 "cookies" each into decorated paper liners for mini muffins, then placed them on a large tray. The looked so festive and everyone loved them!
These are so easy to make and very good. Have also made using miniature chocolate peanut butter cups!