Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the first time I created my own recipe. My husband came home with a new roast and said he wanted onion and garlic with it. I usually cut slices in the roast and press the onion and garlic into the slices. This time realizing it was a rolled roast I unrolled it and put my ingredients inside to try something new ....
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef chuck, roast rolled
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 medium size garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (browning & seasoning sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Take netting of the roast and unroll roast. Cut into roast so it lays flat.
- Peel and cut shallots in half and make thin slices . Peel and lay garlic down and cut into thin slices.
- In a small bowl combine water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and kitchen bouquet, set aside.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder, black pepper, slat and rosemary onto the roast. Lay even amounts of shallots and garlic on roast. Save some garlic and shallots for later. Now roll up the roast and put netting back on.
- In a roasting pan add half of the liquid mixture. Place roast in pan. Pour remaining liquid on top of roast. Sprinkle garlic, shallots, garlic powered, salt, black pepper and rosemary on top.
- Cook uncovered 2 hours, turn the roast over half way between cooking time .
- Eugenia deGroot 2008.