2 hrs 20 mins
Gigi's Sweet Confections's Note:
This is the first time I created my own recipe. My husband came home with a new roast and said he wanted onion and garlic with it. I usually cut slices in the roast and press the onion and garlic into the slices. This time realizing it was a rolled roast I unrolled it and put my ingredients inside to try something new ....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef chuck, roast rolled
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 medium size garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (browning & seasoning sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Take netting of the roast and unroll roast. Cut into roast so it lays flat.
- 2Peel and cut shallots in half and make thin slices . Peel and lay garlic down and cut into thin slices.
- 3In a small bowl combine water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and kitchen bouquet, set aside.
- 4Sprinkle some garlic powder, black pepper, slat and rosemary onto the roast. Lay even amounts of shallots and garlic on roast. Save some garlic and shallots for later. Now roll up the roast and put netting back on.
- 5In a roasting pan add half of the liquid mixture. Place roast in pan. Pour remaining liquid on top of roast. Sprinkle garlic, shallots, garlic powered, salt, black pepper and rosemary on top.
- 6Cook uncovered 2 hours, turn the roast over half way between cooking time .
- 7Eugenia deGroot 2008.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Chuck Roast Stuffed With Garlic and Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.4
- Calories from Fat 601
- Total Fat 66.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 3861.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 63.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: