Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies help a vegetable disguise it self as a dessert and trust me there is no better costume.
- 1 cup Butter Buds
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup carrot, cooked & mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- Cream butter and sugar with eggs and carrots. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and add butter mixture. Add vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 min for 375 degrees or until done. Test for doneness as you would a cake.
- Frosting – Cream butter and sugar, add orange juice and rind. Spread on cooled cookies.