Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy diced tomatoes add a kick to tacos filled with seasoned beef, lettuce and Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package30% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 12 medium taco shells, warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat about 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Add 1 can undrained tomatoes and seasoning mix; mix well. Gradually add water, stirring until well blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into taco shells; top with lettuce and cheese.
- Drain remaining can of tomatoes; spoon evenly over tacos.
- COOK'S TIPS: For a milder flavor, use Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. Draining the liquid off the second can of tomatoes reduces the spiciness of the tomatoes used on top of the tacos.