Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can also use cod, halibut, snapper and catfish, it turns out great with of them Points...4.
- 2 large lemons
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rockfish fillets, cut into 4 serving pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim one lemon and cut it into thin slices.
- Grate 1 tablespoon of zest from the second lemon, then squeeze the juice.
- Combine the grated zest, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix; set aside.
- Lay the lemon slices in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Put the lemon juice in a shallow dish.
- Dip the fish pieces in the lemon juice and set them on the lemon slices in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fish pieces and bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are lightly browned and the fish is just opaque through, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Transfer the fish to individual plates with a few slices of lemon for garnish; spoon some of the cooking juices over and serve immediately.
Dh ate his and mine. I couldn't eat this - too lemon-sour, and I used half the amount of lemon called for. If you've got a fish fillet that you don't care, this will effectively cover the flavor.