Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A deviation from chicken cordon bleu...
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, rubbed
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- Pound breasts in plastic wrap until they are about 1/4" thick.
- In a bowl or plate combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- In a bowl melt the butter.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, diced tomatoes and a sprinkle of sage.
- Roll the chicken breast tightly tucking in the ends.
- Dip into melted butter.
- Roll in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Place seam side down in a casserole dish or baking pan with high walls. (I use a pyrex casserole dish).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top if desired. I usually do this with about 5-10 minutes left.
- Bake for 25min or until done.