Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet potato dish that has some extra sweetness added.
- 4 lbs yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F Roast yams until tender when pierced with knife, about 1 hour.
- Cool slightly.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until butter turns light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop flesh from yams into processor. Process until smooth.
- Blend in brown butter.
- Season to taste with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm in microwave before serving.).