Recipe by awalde
This plate looks wonderful and tastes heavenly. It's very easy and you can prepare this in advance. The dressing is mixed up like a pesto . You can use this dressing as well as a marinade for grilled chicken breasts and served them with grilled corn and a simple green salad. Shrimp or a good firm fish will also work well, just reduce the marinading time to about 30 minutes or so. The marinade adds a lot of flavor to light and easy meals for busy, hot summer days.
Top Review by JustJanS
Russ and I both really enjoyed this thanks awalde. I used 1 eggplant, 2 small zuccs and the equivalent of 1 capsicum (mixed a few strips each of red, green and yellow) and about half the dressing as I have heaps of parsley growing right now (have quite a bit left over so am going to freeze it). I can imagine this as part of an antipasto platter, as a salad or a side. It's so easy to make and to eat that I can't wait to do it again soon. Have posted a photo but it seems to be lost in space ;-)
- 2 lbs aubergines
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 2 lbs bell peppers (red and yellow)
- 1 small bunch cilantro (about 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves)
- 1 small bunch parsley (about 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley leaves)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (or more if necesssary)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients for dreessing into a blender.
- You can always add some more olive oil to thin it out if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and re-blend as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Remember to shake well before each use.
- Cut you vegetables in 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- You will have to grill the vegetables in 3 portions (each kind separate).
- Place your fist vegetable kind on the baking tray and broil until roasted (we needed about 15 minutes for each kind).
- Place your vegetable kind on the serving plate.
- Grill the second vegetable kind and then place it on the serving plate.
- Repeat with the third kind.
- Brush the dressing on the vegetables. Place the remaing dressing in a nice cup on the plate as well.
- Serve it warm or cold.