Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
A great low-fat dressing for your salads. Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300°F Coat an 8-inch-square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Bake until the tomatoes are broken down and the juices are thick and syrupy, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a blender. Add vinegar and puree.
- Cool completely before using.