Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can alter the seasonings to your taste. I sometimes put everything with some onions and garlic in an oven-proof dish and bake.
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch squares,about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green coriander
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 chopped green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Blend all the seasonings and yogurt together to make a paste.
- Put the tofu pieces on aluminum foil in a baking dish.
- Spread the paste on the pieces.
- Wrap the foil around loosely and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Open the foil and broil for 5 to 10 minutes for brownish look.
- Serve hot.
I just want to tell people that like to bake their tofu to try using parchment paper.You dont have to worry about greasing a pan or sticking & the tofu comes out very nicely browned.It really makes a difference!
This was the main dish for our dinner tonight and we all loved it. I did halve the recipe as there were only 3 of us eating. I made this as part of the Pick Your Chef(July 25-27)'2003 contest. It was great! Thank you for sharing!
Yumza! Made as written except I did not have green peppers, I had some of the little yellow ones so I used those. The only other thing that I altered was the cook time. After I baked it then broiled it for five minutes, I just turned off the oven and let it sit in there for another 20 minutes because I wanted to be sure that the peppers were cooked. This was really, really good. Ate half of it myself! I also like the ideas at the intro with the garlic and onions - will try that next time. Thanks for posting, kusum gupta, I like your recipe!