This is a recipe that was emailed to me by Vita-Mix. I made some changes to suit our taste and the results were fantastic. This is prepared in the Vita-Mix in about 5 minutes. Serve over fresh cooked fettuccine with a crisp side salad.
- Cook the fettuccine in salted water as per package directions.
- Place sauce ingredients in the Vita-Mix container in order specified except for Italian seasoning.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend and secure 2-part lid.
- Select VARIABLE speed #1 and gradually increase spped to #10; then to HIGH.
- Allow the machine to run for 3 to 4 minutes or until heavy steam pours through the lid opening.
- Adjust salt and pepper to suit personal taste.
- Serve over freshly cooked fettucine, sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning blend.