Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
Flavorful pork, with Flavorful apples.
- 2 (12 ounce) trimmed pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs thick sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepperand 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and rub over the trimmed pork tenderloins.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add pork and saute 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork, and reduce heat.
- Melt butter, and add the peeled, granny smith apples, and shallot to pan, and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in maple syrup, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and cook 4 minutes, and stir.
- Return roast to pan, and roast at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove pork from pan, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice pork, and serve with apples.
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe weekend cooker. We really enjoyed the pork and apples prepared this way. The meat was perfectly cooked, moist and tender and the glazed apples were utterly delicious. Made for What's on the Menu Tag Game 2015.