Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from a Better Homes & Gardens recipe. They called for chicken thighs, but I wanted to try it with pork. That said, the recipe has a couple options.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil, garlic, and a handful of cranberries. (I cut the berries in half for the skillet.).
- Salt and pepper each side of the chops.
- Add chops and brown each side, about five minutes per side.
- Place skillet in oven and roast, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, bring cranberries, juice, and brown sugar to a boil.
- Simmer sauce 15-20 minutes until thickened. (You could also add a teaspoon of corn starch mixed in a small amount of cranberry juice.).
- Serve chops topped with sauce.