1/1 Photo of Roasted Pepper-Salt Blend
This recipe is very versatile and I have listed a variety of the options available. This can be used for meats, chicken, soups, salads, where a recipe calls for salt and pepper. The recipe was printed in the winter 2007 Sabroso; however, the recipe is from Morton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy skillet, combine the salt with 1 of the options given.
- 2Toast over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the salt turns off-white. This should take about 5 minutes.
- 3Adjust heat as necessary to keep the peppercorns or chili for burning being careful as both the chili and peppercorns will pop during this process.
- 4Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool somewhat.
- 5Place the ingredients in a clean coffee or spice grinder and blend until a fine powder.
- 6Sift through a sieve to remove any husks or debris.
- 7Store mix in a clean dry jar with a tight fighting lid.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pepper-Salt Blend
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169824.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.8 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 18.4 g