Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you are a hamburger and a sandwich lover, then this sauce is a must-have, it's even great with onion rings and French fries. (Note: although this recipe doesn't call for any garlic, if desired, for even more of a kick, added chopped garlic may be added)
- 1 large white onion, chopped small
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced Italian parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chopped onion in a baking dish; drizzle with olive oil (make sure that all the onion is coated with oil).
- Bake for 25 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven; cool.
- Whisk together all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in the roasted onions, and stir until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Note: if desired, 2 onions may be used.