Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe comes courtesy Chef Scott Peacock another okra dish made on the today show for Giada De Laurentiis. Giada had never tasted okra before the show.
- 1⁄2 lb okra (small)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup heirloom tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup string bean (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line baking pan with release foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Rinse the okra in cold water and drain well on paper towel; trim the tops of okra BUT don't remove the caps.
- Put okra in prepared baking pan, add sliced onion, garlic tomatoes(whole cherry or cut in half ,cut heirloom tomatoes into chunks) add green beans if using and mint.
- Drizzle with olive oil season with salt & pepper, stir together.
- Roast in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, giving the vegetables a toss if needed.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature, enjoy.
A deliciously different way to prepare fresh garden produce. I omitted the string beans and the recipe took about 5 minutes additional to cook.