This recipe comes courtesy Chef Scott Peacock another okra dish made on the today show for Giada De Laurentiis. Giada had never tasted okra before the show.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line baking pan with release foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Rinse the okra in cold water and drain well on paper towel; trim the tops of okra BUT don't remove the caps.
- Put okra in prepared baking pan, add sliced onion, garlic tomatoes(whole cherry or cut in half ,cut heirloom tomatoes into chunks) add green beans if using and mint.
- Drizzle with olive oil season with salt & pepper, stir together.
- Roast in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, giving the vegetables a toss if needed.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature, enjoy.
A deliciously different way to prepare fresh garden produce. I omitted the string beans and the recipe took about 5 minutes additional to cook.