Roasted sweet potato served on a bed romaine. Any nut can be subbed for the pine nuts, i.e. macadamia or pistachios.
- 1 large kumara, peeled and diced into cubes (sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the kumara in a baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt. Roast for 25 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Divide lettuce, tomato halves and radish slices between two chilled plates. Top each with half of the cooled kumara.
- Sprinkle on crumbled feta and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.