Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a fun and easy brunch recipe. I have made it using various varieties of Simply Potatoes and they have all turned out excellent. When all our family can be together we especially enjoy sharing a brunch meal together. The combination of the oven roasted potatoes, the baked avocado and eggs with a sprinkling of pepper jack cheese adds a flavorful Mexican twist to this fun brunch meal. I always offer small bowls of salsa, sour cream and fresh cilantro as garnishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour 1 TBSP olive oil into an 9 inch round pan.
- Place the Simply Potatoes hash browns into the pan; drizzle the remaining 2 TBSP oil over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, Using the back of a large spoon, make 6 wells into the potatoes. Place the avocado halves, cut side up, on top of the potatoes.
- Break an egg into the indented area where the avocado pits were. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the egg is set.
- Remove from the oven.
- To serve: Scoop out a portion of the roasted potatoes and avocado baked egg onto 8 serving dishes. If desired offer small bowls of salsa and sour cream to accompany the dish.