Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Prepare a day ahead; bring to room temperature before serving. Serve on bagel chips or pita chips garnished with rosemary sprigs. Cooking Light.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head. Do not peel or separate the cloves.
- Wrap head in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves. Squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cover and removed from heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Place garlic pulp, tomatoes, 1/4 cup reserved liquid, oil, and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
This is what sun-dried tomatoes taste like in heaven.